Europe District is now accepting applications for GS-1102-12 Contract Specialist reassignments within DoD:
Position title: Contract Specialist
Responsibilities: Serves as a Contract Specialist responsible for the full range of contract functions encompassing issuing solicitations, evaluating proposals, contract negotiations, execution and administration for complex Construction, Architect-Engineering (A-E), Services and/or Supplies, in support of the US Army Corps of Engineers, Europe District mission. The incumbent may be delegated a Contracting Officer's warrant, and the full range of responsibilities that accompany Contracting Officer duties.
Appointment Type: Permanent
Salary range: $63,600 to $82,680 per year relocation expenses: Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations Occasional travel: 25% or less (You may be expected to travel for this position)
• Current DoD GS-1102-12 employee
• Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) from an accredited educational institution and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (The 24 semester hour requirement can be obtained within the bachelor's degree OR in addition to the degree) OR
Exemption: You are exempt from the education requirements above if (A) you are a current DoD employee, in any occupational series, who has served on or before September 30, 2000, as follows: (1) Served as a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT in any Federal agency, OR (2) Served as a military member in a comparable military occupational specialty; OR (B) you are a current member of the armed forces who occupied a position within an occupational specialty similar to the GS-1102 series on or before September 30, 2000 • Obtain and maintain a DAWIA Level II Certification in Contracting within 24 months.
• Possess a valid stateside driver license.
• Financial Disclosure Statement OGE-450.
• Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent which is defined as responsible for performing pre-award/post-award functions for a variety of Architect-Engineer (A-E) services and/or construction services. This includes performing a full range of contract functions encompassing issuing solicitations, evaluating proposals, contract negotiations and administration of contracts to support construction projects.
How to apply: Submit resume via email to Christina.Kelczewski@usace.army.mil